Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Flashback: Leap Week

Happy March, Babblists! February flew by -- even with the extra day! -- and I shall today repeat the cliche of all who live in four-season states: I can't wait for spring.

To entertain you as you while away the slushy hours, returning this week is Friday Flashback. (For those of you who missed its inception last week, read it here.)

Are you ready for it? Here we go!

---

Today: Today we had a family day. We got up early, awakened by a phone call, sad news from a dear friend. We couldn't fix the world today so we just stuck together. We watched cartoons, ran errands, went to the playground, took it easy. We had lunch together. We played with the camera after lunch.






One week ago today: Friday Flashback was born! *Sniff* it's growing up so quickly ... I know I already linked to it, but here it is again. Also, here are this week's other posts, in case you missed them: Amazing Beautiful Creatures and Destroyer of Laundry.


One year ago: Is it a cop-out to just paste in a Facebook status? Who cares -- this sums up a year ago quite nicely:

Choose your own adventure status:
You are a pregnant woman with a stuffy nose who has just eaten a large cheeseburger. You encounter an out-of-service sign on your favorite elevator. Do you ...
a) Suck it up and haul your weak, out-of-breath behind up the stairs to work
b) Ask some kindly stranger to carry you (lift weights, sir?)
c) Give up, take a nap in the hallway

(That elevator was out for weeks. WEEKS!)

Two years ago: I was writing my Sidewalk Series for the newspaper then -- I interviewed local people who had interesting (and sometimes not-so-interesting) jobs or hobbies or whatever. This time last year I interviewed a couple who had just returned from watching one of the last-ever Space Shuttle launches. Seeing a Space Shuttle launch is toward the top of my list of things I'm very sad I'll never get to do. (Also: hearing Jimi Hendrix live, riding a Megatherium, eating a 3 Musketeers that actually has three flavors.)


Four years ago: I investigated what I might have been up to during the last Leap Year, in 2008, and my best guess is this: Geeking out over the best episode of the most frustrating and wonderful TV show ever to have existed. That's right, fellow Lost-lovers -- "The Constant" aired February 28, 2008. Penny?! Desmond?! *dramatic Lost chord*




Seven years ago: On March 2, 2005, I was impatiently waiting for the weekend to roll around so Tim would come visit. (We were dating then; he was working up north while I was in school.) He knocked on my window very early on March 5. And that evening, he asked me to marry him.

Aren't we cute? And young ...

----

Happy Friday, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I still read your blogs Tara. :) I just didn't get to it till this morning! I can't believe you will have been married seven years already! Goes by quick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost was awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Happy commenting! Remember: Debate is encouraged. Meanies are not. (And if you don't have a Google account but want to leave your name, select Name/URL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...